- TechAmerica Statement Following the Federal Communications Commission’s Reclassification of Broadband Internet as a Utility
- Technology Convergence Holds Promise to Redefine the Federal Landscape
- CompTIA President and CEO Comments Following Participation in the White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection
- U.S. Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA 5th District), U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Aaron Woods, director of Strategic Partner Programs at Xerox Corp. Recognized as TechAmerica Champions
TechAmerica Statement Following the Federal Communications Commission’s Reclassification of Broadband Internet as a Utility
Washington, D.C., February 26, 2015 – TechAmerica, the public sector and public advocacy department of CompTIA, today issued this statement following the Federal Communication Commission’s 3-2 vote, along party lines, approving an Order adopting new open Internet rules that enhance transparency and prevent ISPs from blocking content, throttling traffic, and offering fast lanes. To accomplish…
Federal Technology Convergence Commission ReportHighlights How Government Can Adapt Converged Technologies for Better Communication and Cooperation WASHINGTON, D.C.—February 24, 2015 – Social media, mobility, analytics, and cloud (SMAC) are technologies that have all made their mark independently and are rapidly changing the world. Today, Creating IT Futures, the philanthropic arm of CompTIA, released the Federal…
- Senators Announce Pending Ex-Im Bank Legislation
- Connecticut Act to Improve Data Security and Agency Effectiveness
- Texas Governor Delivers State of the State: Highlights STEM, Workforce Development, Research Investment, Transparency and Accountability
- Oregon delegation visits D.C. to defend the tech industry
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) appeared on a Hill Panel yesterday to announce the pending introduction of legislation (Kirk-Manchin Bill) that would extend the Ex-Im Bank authorization, currently set to expire on June 30, 2015. Similar legislation –H.R. 597 – the “Reform Exports and Expand the American Economy Act” – introduced…
On February 19, Senate and House leadership filed a data security proposal at the request of Governor Dan Malloy (D-CT). The bill, SB 949, was introduced in response to the Anthem Insurance breach, and is now part of the Governor’s budget. Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen (D), who has been leading the state’s investigation into…
Engility closed its ambitious $1.3 billion purchase of Chantilly neighbor TASC last week, making a bet that in a competitive services market, its better to be bigger.
The affinity between the White House and the tech industry has enriched Obamas campaigns through donations, and it has presented lucrative opportunities for staffers who leave for the private sector.