Have you ever thought you’d like to learn how to make money online? Most of us have; the question is – how? There are legitimate ways you can make money online, but there are a lot of scams out there, too. That’s why we’re reviewing VO Genesis by Jenny Lewis. This product claims to contain loads of valuable information about how you can make money online by being a voice over artist. Voice over has become an enormous industry. In fact, according to the website Voice.com, the voice over industry has grown to have a monetary value of well over four billion dollars. That means the availability of voice over jobs is huge. But how do you go about getting a piece of that pie for yourself? Jenny Lewis says you should buy her product VO Genesis. Let’s see if she’s right.
About the Author – Jenny Lewis
Who is Jenny Lewis? That’s a really good question. Unfortunately, the website selling her product does not tell much about who is Jenny Lewis or what is her background. In fact, the only thing we could find out about Jenny Lewis is that this is actually a ‘pen name,’ meaning there really is no Jenny Lewis—the product originates from someone else. But who?
Again, what we could find in our research about this product is that the actual originators or creators of the VO Genesis program can be traced back to a Singaporean company called, ‘Success Vantage Pte Ltd.’ The company calls itself a ‘leading eCommerce company … that specializes in e-retailing their personal development products and health supplements to a global audience.’
What we could also glean about VO Genesis is that it’s a ‘Clickbank’ product, which is an online (global) retailer that offers many products over the internet where vendors can create and sell eBooks, software, and other such merchandise. The good thing about this is that Clickbank products typically offer a money-back guarantee.
What is VO Genesis?
VO Genesis is a program wherein you can learn information about the voice over acting and narration industry. As mentioned above, the voice over industry is huge now, particularly since the advent of the internet and all its video-on-demand programming that requires myriad voice over talent. If you’ve ever considered pursuing acting, narration, or any kind of voice over work such as voicing commercials, this product may be able to provide some valuable information to you about how to break into this industry, how to find clients, or how to find jobs working as voice over talent.
‘Jenny Lewis’ (or, more precisely, Success Vantage, the company that created this product) calls VO Genesis an ‘income-generating guide’ that reveals to you the secrets of how to make money ‘using just your voice’ in any of today’s voice recording opportunities in radio, television, internet presentations, audio books, and even video games. Just think about all the different media you can purchase, sit and watch, and just see on your device that use voice over talent – these all represent jobs for voice over talent. The program is a resource where you can find a wealth of information regarding the voice over industry, how to get into it, and how to make money in it without having to do a ton of research on your own.
What’s included in this program?
VO Genesis touts that it teaches you how to be a voice over artist. It claims to give you the tools that will show you how to make significant amounts of cash working in the industry. In fact, its biggest claim is that you literally can makes thousands of dollars an hour by purchasing this product and putting it to use. It even shows people who supposedly make that much cash on a regular basis.
The program includes a booklet that is supposed to be able to teach you the ins and outs of the voice over industry, as well as how to become a voice over artist and make serious money doing it even if you’re a beginner. It’s a downloadable kit that includes eBooks and videos, and here are some of the things you allegedly can learn by using this program:
- How to find high-paying voice over gigs immediately
- How to identify websites where you can find these jobs
- Where to find jobs and job offers with ‘little competition’
- How to start making a six-figure income as a voice over artist
- How to set up your own home studio where you can perfect your voice over craft
- Tips regarding the various categories of work in this industry
- Useful information regarding how to get work in cartoons, workplace videos, and even Hollywood ‘blockbusters’
- Tips about microphone technique
- Lessons on how to read copy
- Lessons on proper breathing techniques
- Lessons on proper recording techniques
- The different categories of voice over work for your specific voice
- How to record your very own demo which you will be able to send to potential clients
- Lessons on developing your voice and the particular type of voice over artist you will be able to become
- How to record and edit your own voice over work for final presentations
- Tools that will help you learn to market yourself as well as negotiate your price depending on the voice over gig for a better deal
The company touts that this kit is designed to be a valuable tool even if you’re a beginner. They claim that you can build your own home business doing voice over work that can eventually become a full-time, ‘life-changing’ business for you.
Are there any bonuses that come with this program?
The answer to that is not simple. In fact, we’d have to answer that question like this: ‘yes and no.’ Yes, there are bonuses included in VO Genesis – but no, they don’t come with the initial purchase. In fact, there are a number of upsells you’ll run into when attempting to purchase the original VO Genesis product. The upsells are where you’re supposed to be able to find out how to ‘triple your voice income even if you don’t like negotiating.’ It’s also where you are supposed to be able to ‘get more gigs than you can handle.’
Pros and cons
There are a lot of money-making scams on the internet. Many of these are money makers merely for those who create them. For this reason, we’re including a list of the pros and cons of VO Genesis that will help to break down this product so you can get to the truth.
There really are quite a few good things about VO Genesis that will be helpful for those interested in pursuing income in voice overs. Here are the pros we found in our research:
- This is a good tool for those who really are interested in the industry and potentially becoming voice over artists.
- The program gathers a lot of information in one place so you don’t have to do the research yourself.
- There are step-by-step training guides included that really can be useful to those interested in voice over acting.
- The 93-page eBook contains a lot of helpful information.
- You can learn to develop your skills if you work the program.
- The websites can be helpful in finding voice over gigs.
- You can learn how to build your own home studio.
- You can learn how to record your own voice over demo to present to clients.
- The company provides a money-back guarantee — if you’re unsatisfied with VO Genesis for any reason within 60 days of your initial purchase, you can get a full refund of the purchase price.
Sadly, there are also a lot of negative things about VO Genesis. In fact, there are a lot more bad things we’ve found in this program than we’ve found in many of the other programs and products we’ve reviewed. Here are the cons we found in our research:
- The company’s initial claims of making thousands of dollars per hour are incredulous. In fact, that much hype has to fall under the ‘too good to be true’ category.
- The company does not provide any real testimonials from people who have actually used the product and succeeded via its information.
- You really have to have a talent for voice over acting in order to benefit from this product.
- There is no community support included with this program.
- There is no ongoing support from the company included with this program.
- You don’t get the entire program with the initial purchase. The company does a number of sneaky upsells as you click from one purchase to another. They add in what they call ‘VO Genesis Accelerator’ which is supposed to give you even more information that will help you get even more jobs and even more money — but you have to buy more.
- You must have an entrepreneurial spirit to use VO Genesis. If you’re a 9-to-5er and you simply can’t see yourself pursuing even a ‘side hustle’ on your own, independently, without the help or supervision of anyone else, this program really isn’t for you.
We’re recommending VO Genesis but with an unenthusiastic ‘thumbs-up.’ First, we’re only recommending it because it includes a lot of information in one place that people who really are interested in pursuing a career or even just a side hustle in voice over acting would otherwise have to do a lot of research on their own to find. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you think you have some talent for voice over acting or narration, and you don’t feel like doing a ton of internet research on your own, this program might work for you after all.
However, there are so many bad things about this product, that we’re only giving a rather tepid and thin OK to it. We’re not all that impressed by the videos or eBook, we’re unhappy with the ridiculous claims the company makes about your ability to make thousands of dollars per hour and we’re especially unhappy with the way the company doesn’t give you the entire product with the first click. You have to purchase additional upsells in order to get the entire kit.